Monday, April 25, 2011

Hurdles to Overcome

I mentioned in my previous blog post that I will be posting some things that I would like to accomplish through this.  This post will be about all of the things that I hope will change before the wedding.

I should start by talking about the least favorite parts of my body.  My obvious first choice would be my belly, believe me when I say that rubbing my belly does not grant good luck.  My chest and belly have quite a bit of fat on them and I would like to avoid having to wear a bra in this lifetime.  My belly isn't the largest in the world, but it really is a downer on my self-esteem.  My next trouble body part is my butt and thighs.  I have very large thighs, that really irritate me when walking or standing alot.  My butt is starting to get pretty big from the fat as well as sitting in a chair all day.  I still remember to this day the first time my elementary school bus driver stood up, I promised myself that my butt would never ever be that big.  Well I am certainly on the way and this thing needs to go away!

The rest of my body is actually not that bad, my arms aren't very fat.  I have very slender calves.  My face is a little chubby, but I'm not sure if I want that to change.  My face is my favorite feature and it has earned me the nickname of Baby Face.

I have a few "health" issues that I think may be resolved as a result of weight loss.  One of my issues is that I get very tired throughout the day, since I've started working out I have had tons of energy that lasts through the day.  If this keeps up I will be able to keep away from the energy drinks, which alone will net me a savings of about $30 per week.  Another issue is sweat, I sweat profusely when barely doing anything.  This can be very embarrassing when I am at work and my armpits are soaked.  I have tried all kinds of different antiperspirant products to no avail.

I also get out of breath very easily.  This can be attributed to being out of shape and also being a half pack a day smoker.  The smoking is something I will work on in time.  I also get a sore neck very easily, when I was in shape years ago this wasn't an issue.  I will be looking for exercises to help strengthen my neck.

If I think of anything else, I will post it later.

Today I was very sore from the last two days of workouts.  My abs and arms were in the most pain.  As a result, I did a smaller workout today.  I didn't want to skip the day all together since I still wanted to ramp up my metabolism.  I was in a very good mood today and I decided to listen to The Lonely Island for some good laughs.  My workout today was:

  • 5 minutes of stretching
  • 20 Jumping Jacks
  • 20 Squats
  • 10 Push Ups
  • 20 Crunches
  • 10x2 Lunges
I would also like to set a short-term excercise goal of being able to do normal push ups.  Any push up exercises I do are with my knees down.  Once I achieve this goal I will set another more aggressive goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment